Covid-19 (novel coronavirus)
Our Panmure and Glen Innes offices are open under Level 2 from Monday 31 August. Please continue to contact Tāmaki Housing and Tāmaki Regeneration by free phone (0800 521 555) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) if you can.
If you need to come to the office, please phone us to make an appointment first. We will ask you a couple of questions before you come in to ensure we keep everyone safe. Please do not come to our offices if you are unwell.
- At Alert Level 2, you can leave home, but you must follow public health measures and consider others around you.
- Keep your distance when outside your home.
- You should keep at least:
- 2 metres in public and in retail stores, like supermarkets and clothes shops.
- 1 metre in most other places like workplaces, cafes, restaurants, and gyms.
- At Alert Level 2 the risk of COVID-19 being present in the community is higher.
- must wear a face covering on public transport
- are encouraged to wear face coverings in situations where physical distancing is not possible, like in shops.
- Click here for face-covering advice and requirements
- You can travel, but make sure you do it in a safe way.
- You must not travel if you’re displaying symptoms of COVID-19, awaiting a test, or if you need to self-isolate.
Travel between regions
- You can travel to other regions that are at Alert Level 2.
- Early learning services, schools and tertiary education facilities are open to all ages. There are some restrictions if a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 is found related to an educational facility.
Workplaces and businesses
- Businesses can open if they’re following public health guidance, which includes physical distancing and record keeping.
- Many public venues can open at Alert Level 2. This includes:
- museums and libraries
- restaurants, cafes and bars.
- Auckland restrictions on gatherings, funerals and tangihanga.
- There are extra restrictions on social gatherings, funerals and tangihanga in the Auckland region.
- No more than 100 people at social gatherings, including weddings, birthdays, funerals and tangihanga
- Funerals and tangihanga may have up to 100 people and have to meet other conditions set by the Ministry of Health.
Exercise, sport and recreation
- You can do your usual exercise and recreation activities if you can do them safely.
- Professional leagues can go ahead at Alert Level 2 because they take place in controlled workplaces
- People at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 are encouraged to take additional precautions when leaving home.
For more information on Covid-19